How To Use Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner, formerly called the Keyword Research Tool is free but you need to have a Google Ads (Adwords) account. You don’t need to spend or create SEM campaigns, all you need is set up an account.
Here is how you can access keyword planner:
- Go to your Google Account.
- Go to ads.google.com
- Skip the create an account without a campaign.
- Fill up the information (billing country, time zone, and currency)
- Click Submit and you are now ready.
- Your campaign will be empty. You will only need the keyword planner tool.
How To Use Keyword Planner
- Go to Tools and Settings, click Keyword Planner
- There are 2 ways you can use Keyword Planner, you can Discover New Keywords to search for new keywords. You can use the Get Search Volumes and Forecast to check for historical metrics performance, forecast and how will they perform.
- There are two ways to discover new keyword ideas:
- Start with keywords: Enter words related to your products or services. You can separate multiple phrases with a comma and space.
- Start with a website: Enter any website and Google will look for keywords related to the content on that site.
- Get Results
- For the Get search volume and forecasts, Enter or paste a list of keywords into the search box, or upload a list of keywords from a CSV file.
- Your plan forecast shows you how many conversions, clicks, or impressions you’re likely to get for your keywords based on your spend.
- You can further customize your plan by grouping your keywords into ad groups and narrowing your targeting by location.